Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Salsa

This is one of Brent and I’s favorite snacks to make or should say eat! In the summer I like to go to the farmers market to get the ingredients.  It’s a little time consuming but it is so worth it.   It is easy to make and lasts almost a week.  Can alter the recipe to your liking, make more or less. 

Ingredients
3 large tomatoes
1 large green pepper
2 medium onions
2 jalapenos
1 lime
1 teaspoon Salt
1 can tomato puree (I used about 12oz this time)

Directions
Cut the tomatoes, pepper, onions, jalapenos into small pieces and mix together, add salt.  Squeeze lime juice into the mixture.  Add the can of tomato puree and serve! 
You can easily double the recipe, or add more jalapenos to make spicier.  Last time we used I think 5 jalapenos and I could hardly eat it….so I only put 2 in this time and its perfect for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment